Monday, February 29, 2016

Ready...Set...March Into Writing

Welcome! I am so excited to be working on Loving What You Do! LWYD started as an idea after attending a reading conference.  Another teacher friend and I were in deep conversation about writing workshop when I realized how excited I get to share my ideas and learn from other teachers! Fast forward to later that day when I was in a small group discussion with Reggie Routman, my teaching hero.  The entire time I was listening to her speak, I was reminded that teaching is hard work, but we are making the most impact when us teachers, and our students are loving what we do, which is hard in education today!  And so, with that, Loving What You Do was born.  I want to share ideas, tools, learnings, and tips with other teachers so that we are all loving what we do.

I will be the first to admit that I am not an expert, I have a ton of learning still to do.  I am simply passionate about teaching, love talking about teaching, and hope that I can help you (and learn from you) in someway.

The month of march will kick off my blogging experience with a "March into Writing Workshop Series".  I've chosen this topic because teaching writing is hard, I love teaching writing, and although writing workshop isn't perfect in my classroom, I have so many things I am looking forward to sharing.  I am excited to share everything from basic setting up a workshop, conferencing, mini lessons, accountability, goal setting, and so much more.

Here's to loving what you do!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment